How to Export a list of Contacts
1. Go to the ‘Contacts’ section of your account
2. Open the ‘Groups’ area
3. A list of all your Contacts will load into the table in the bottom half of the screen.
4. You can either export all Contacts or a selection of Contacts, such as:
a) A filtered list of Contacts (by means of using search Filters)
b) A particular Group of Contacts
c) A particular Data Pool, e.g. current Contacts, Unsubscribers or Unsubscribed Bounces
5. Click the ‘Export’ button on the bottom right of the table.
6. Step 1: Tag Types - From the two choices on screen either click to export Contacts with Data Tags only or click to export Contacts with Data & Custom Tags.
7. Step 2: Email Confirmation – Exporting of your data may take a few minutes, so if you wish to be notified when the exported file is ready to download, enter your email address. Leave this blank if you do not wish to be notified.
8. Click the ‘Begin Export’ button
9. Step 3: Export processing - A summary of the data which is being exported (how many records and how many tags) and a progress bar. You can close this at any time; the export will continue behind the scenes.
10. Step 4: Download – If you choose to keep this modal open, you can click the ‘Download Contacts’ button once the export has completed. The download will be a .csv file and you can save it onto your computer in a location of your choice. The file name will be automatically generated.
- For example, All-Contacts-14-07-2016-15-34-22.csv would indicate that you exported All Contacts (rather than a Group or filtered list) on the 14th July 2016, at 15:34:22 pm.
- For example, Group_Managers-14-07-2019-15-34-22.csv would indicate that you exported a Group called ‘Managers’ on the 14th July 2019, at 15:34:22 pm.
- For example, Group_Managers_filtered-14-07-2019-15-34-22.csv would indicate that you exported Contacts from a Group called ‘Managers’ that had additional filter(s) applied (but not saved) on the 14th July 2019, at 15:34:22 pm.
11. Progress of an export can also be viewed on the Dashboard in the Export Feed, and once completed, the file will be downloadable from there.
12. If you have opted for email confirmation of the Export being complete you will receive an email once it is available in your account.
Regardless of which option you select, the exported data will include details of whether a Contacts currently has a ‘Suppressed’ status.
If exporting a Data Pool of Unsubscribers or Unsubscribed Bounces, the exported data will also include details of ‘Date Unsubscribed’.
save it onto your computer in a location of your choice.
For more information (including screenshots) and a downloadable copy of this guide please visit 'How to...Export'