NewZapp’s filter options give you the ability to easily search through your Contacts. You can filter by any Data or Custom Tag, or combination of both - meaning if you have the information, there’s a filter to find it.
This is ideal for situations when you need to filter by location, job title or Custom Tags such as account manager or membership number. Each Data filter also has an associated colour so you can instantly see the information in the table.
You can also use more than one filter at a time to really fine tune your searches or your Groups.
How to Filter on All Contacts or a specific Group
1. On the Groups screen select either All Contacts or a particular Group. The relevant contacts will load on the table below.
2. Click the ‘Show Search Filters’ button at the top right of the screen
3. You will now have a new section of tools available on screen that will enable you to filter your contacts according to certain common pieces of information, such as part of an email address, a first name, last name, company name or any Custom Tags you may have setup.
4. Select the appropriate Data Pool. The Data Pool by default will be “Contacts” but you also have the option to view “Unsubscribers” or “Unsubscribed Bounces” instead.
5. Click on a Data Filter e.g. Email Address.
6. A new coloured filter will appear where you can select from the drop down whether you want to search, in this case, for an email address: Containing, Starting, Matching, Ending or Not Containing.
7. In the field where it says ‘Enter text here…’ you can type in the data you’re looking for. For instance, you might want to search for all Email Addresses containing Gmail.com.
8. Click the tick to display your filtered results.
9. The table below will have updated to show filtered results according to your search criteria. If searching with a Data Filter, then the matching column on the table will be colour coded to match for ease of identification.
10. NB: If you use search criteria which is not compatible (e.g. you enter a text phrase into a Date type filter) the filter will not save and you will need to enter compatible data.
How to edit a Filter
1. If you’ve created a filter but wish to edit it, simply click on the ‘edit’ icon on the coloured tag.
2. Make your changes and click the tick to update your results. Click the cross to cancel editing.
How to remove a Filter
Click the ‘trash can’ icon on the filter tag you wish to delete. The tag will disappear and the search results on the table below will adjust accordingly.
Alternatively if you wish to start from scratch and remove all filters, just click the ‘Reset Filters’ button on the top right of the screen.
How to Copy your filtered results
Once you have filtered your Contacts and have the results you need, you can easily copy these Contacts into a new Group or an existing Group.
1. Click the ‘Copy…’ button on the bottom right of the table
2. Follow the instructions on screen to either copy these Contacts to a new Group or an existing Group of your choice
Don’t forget… NewZapp only keeps one instance of every Subscriber in your account, but each Subscriber can be in multiple Groups.
How to Remove your filtered results
Once you have filtered your Contacts and have the results you need, you can remove these Contacts from the Group you’re currently in, Groups of your choosing, or from your account.
1. Click the ‘Remove…’ button on the bottom right of the table
2. Follow the instructions on screen to remove the selected Contacts from Groups or your account. Removed Contacts may still be added back at a future date, this action is not the same as not unsubscribing Contacts.
How to Export your filtered results
Once you have filtered your Subscriber list, you can easily export this data into a .CSV file.
1. Click the ‘Export’ button on the bottom right of the table
2. Follow the instructions on screen to export your selected Contacts with only their Data Tags or with Custom Tags as well. Please be aware that Custom Tags take longer to process.
How to Suppress your filtered results
Once you have filtered your subscriber list and have the results you need, you can easily Supress or Unsuppress this list of email addresses on mass.
1. Click the ‘Suppression…’ button on the bottom right of the table
2. Follow the instructions on screen to Suppress or Unsuppress all your selected Contacts regardless of their individual suppression states.
For more information (including screenshots) and a downloadable copy of this guide please visit 'How to...Filter'