NewZapp Unlimited and Enterprise customers can integrate their email marketing campaigns with Google Analytics. If your account does not come with Google Analytics integration you can have it switched on for a one off fee.
Method for adding Google Analytics to campaigns
1. Hover over the cog icon, top right hand corner of the account)
2. Click on ‘Settings’
3. Tick the ‘Include Google Analytics’ check box and click save
4. Return to the ‘Create & Send’ tab and create a new email
5. Under the email details section add a ‘Google Analytics Campaign Name’. This can be anything e.g. NewZapp email campaign, January newsletter, March sales email etc. but we recommend using a different Google Analytics Campaign Name for every campaign you send.
How does it work?
NewZapp will add the Google Analytics Campaign Name as a query string to all your links on your email campaigns. When a subscriber follows these links to your website, your Google Analytics account will then automatically display this in your ‘Traffic Sources’ report.
Why would you use it?
It will allow you to track in more depth the traffic your email marketing campaigns send to your website. You can then use this information to improve the quality of your landing pages and to recognize if, where, and why a subscriber drops off your website.
Best practice tips
• Create a new campaign name for each campaign you send so you can track the differences between campaigns and landing pages
• When testing, turn off Google Analytics in your settings to avoid diluting your results
• Using descriptive links can improve your click through rate
For further information please visit 'How to...Google Analytics Integration'